What is RenGuard?
RenGuard is an Anti-Cheat product created by Blackhand Studios to protect Renegade from cheaters. Basically it only prevents its users from cheating, but it's also possible to force someone to use RenGuard on a server, which then prevents that guy from coming to cheat at the server again.
 RenGuard Client
RenGuard 1.03 for Windows
 RenGuard SSC
The RenGuard Server-Side Client is for the Linux/Windows FDS of Renegade.
RenGuard SSC 1.02 for Windows
RenGuard SSC 1.02 for Linux
 RenGuard 1.04
- x64 Editions of Windows support
- Fixing of Windows 2000 "Buffer Overrun" error
- No longer using SVKP protection due to issues with Norton Anti-Virus and Windows 64-bit OS compatibility
- Auto-reconnect to Master Servers in the event of connection loss (players will no longer be kicked from the server they are playing on)
- Automatic detection of WOL nickname changes to prevent current hassles
- Less bandwidth, memory and CPU usage compared to 1.03
- Localized client messages and dialogs
- Fixed various crash/hang issues
 X64 Version
There have been many many questions regarding a 64-bit version of RenGuard that works on the x64-Editions of Windows.
At this point of time Blackhand Studios is looking for the best possible way to release a version that works on x64-Editions of Windows.
Blackhand Studios is currently aiming for x64 support with RenGuard 1.04, more information is available here.